Just another installment of the random thoughts rolling around in my head…
It has been a bit rough here – my uncle died, my daughter is struggling with a lot of things, the weather is all over the place, too many activities going on at the same time, all the personal tax info to gather and the list goes on. I need to learn to keep myself on track when the unexpected pops up – definitely need to develop more skill in this area.
Lots to do to get the garden ready. Looks like some stuff did not make it through the extreme weather again this year. Need to clean up some areas and see what might come back up again this year. First up is to do some pruning, decide on what seeds to plant and do some transplanting.
Haven’t done any decorating for Easter and doesn’t look like I will get any done. Still need to get some stuff for the baskets. We will definitely do some egg dyeing/decorating during spring break.
It is science fair time again -yuck. Need to help DS find a project and then make sure that it actually gets done.
Hope Spring has arrived in your area bringing a breath of fresh air and a renewed desire to work towards your goals.
Just another installment of the random thoughts rolling around in my head today…
We had some beautiful sunshine and the bulbs are starting to sprout. I’m eagerly anticipating the first splashes of color in the garden. Want to start thinking about what to plant this year. Still need to get the tree stumps out of the orchard before planting another fruit tree or two. Want to move the blueberries to another spot in the hopes that they will do better.
DS is learning ballroom dancing and he is loving it. There will be six boys chosen to compete and he hopes to be one of them. Wish his grandmother was still around to see it. She would have been so proud as she taught ballroom dancing for years and competed as well.
DD is all over the map – those teenage hormones kicking in I guess. Some days the roller coaster of emotion is just too much for this old mom.
Haven’t done much on my list for the year so I need to buckle down and try to get at least one of them done this month.
Just beginning to smell the bar-b-q chicken that is cooking in the crockpot – yum!
I have the rugs outside to air out a bit but it looks like the rain is coming so I better go get them in. Have a happy Saint Patrick’s Day!
Last week’s stats – yoga/stretching 7/7; cardio/strength training 6/6; at least 12 minutes 7/7; at least 12,000 steps 7/7; plank hold 6/7
Stats look good but it was a struggle to get them. I was up late one evening walking round and round my downstairs trying to hit 12,000 steps. The new strength training plan is causing my knees to ache. I’m not sure it is going to work out for me. I’ll give it another week but I’m looking for something else. Maybe I should make an appointment to get some help with picking exercises that won’t bother my knees.
Not really much else to say today – hope you are doing well with your goals.
Just another installment of the random thoughts rolling around in my head…
Tax time again – the business tax stuff should have been to the accountant last month but as usual I’m behind. You would think that after so many years of doing this that I would be better at it than I am. Then it will be all the personal stuff. I really need to get a system in place and then actually use it.
I’m really ready for spring to show up – tired of the gray skies, I need some sunshine.
Still feeling a bit off – haven’t really been able to get things moving since I got back from Israel. School delays, work duties, emotional ups and downs – it just seems as if everything is conspiring against me. I get in those negative thought ruts and can’t seem to get out. Then comes the emotional eating. A pattern that needs to change.
My doctor thinks I’m depressed again – wants me to try a natural supplement. I thought that I had finally put that behind me but I guess not.
I have been trying to keep up with my exercise goals. I missed one day of my hundred days of doing a plank but other than that I have been walking, doing yoga, riding the bike and doing some weight work. The weight work is tough – I have very little upper body strength and my knees aren’t all that great but I’m going slow and trying to keep at it.
Hope things are going well in your part of the world – thanks for stopping by.
Here’s the update for how I’ve done so far
January – yoga/stretching for two and a half minutes per day – 28/31
cardio/strength training for two and a half minutes 6x/week – 21/26
steps – 420,192 daily average 13554
February – yoga/stretching for three minutes per day – 28/28
cardio/strength training for three minutes 6x/week – 14/15 – did not count the 10 days I was gone
steps – 378,571 daily average 13520
The plan for March is at least 6 minutes of yoga/stretching per day, at least 6 minutes of cardio/strength training 6x/week, at least 12,000 steps per day and practice and increase my plank hold every day.
What are your fitness goals for this month? Please share in the comments.
UPDATE as of 3/1/2015 – have only completed 3 tasks, definitely need to get cracking and get some work done. We’ll see how it goes this month.
This is my list of routines to start performing and projects to complete during 2015. For now I’m just writing the item and then later I’ll explain what the item is and why it is on the list. Some of them have definite times when they will need to be done and others can be done at any time throughout the year. Here they are in no particular order…
- Yellow dot information – health information to store in your car in case you are in an accident and unable to speak
- Vials of life information – health information to store in your refrigerator to aid EMT’s who are called to your home
- Bedroom curtains – need to get something up to block the streetlight and the neighbor’s motion lights so I can get some good sleep
- Garden Stones – decorations/borders for in the garden/yard
- The girl’s quilt – she picked out the pattern and fabric ages ago and we need to get it finished before she graduates in 2016
- Oven – took out the racks to do self-clean cycle, it didn’t work and then I couldn’t get the racks back in – been waiting for repair for years
- Paperback swap/book mooch – lots of books I’ve read and no longer want, been meaning to try these services out and now is the time
- The girl’s scrapbooks
- The boy’s scrapbooks
- Ott light bulbs – I have several Ott lights that need new bulbs but I haven’t been able to find the bulbs when I go to the store, maybe it’s time to order on line?
- Credit report routine – should be checking these on a regular basis
- Names of Jesus garland-Christmas
- Names of Jesus garland – Easter
- Get new glasses – lost my reading glasses 11/13 and still haven’t replaced them, probably will need new far and near vision lenses
- Duvet cover – comforter has several tears which can not really be repaired and look nice so I got fabric to make a duvet cover but it is just sitting by my sewing machine
- Get new bras – current ones are several years old – dingy, out of shape and definitely need replaced but I hate shopping especially for them
- Mammogram Completed 2/13/15
- Recipe tryouts/purge
- Read 52 books from my shelves
- Monthly budget meeting routine – Need to keep track of what we are bringing in and what we are spending. Want to get serious about charity giving, savings, vacation fund and remodeling . Started having weekly meetings with the hubby on 1/8/15
- Taxes paperwork routine
- List of financial data
- Train table wraparound
- Clean/disinfect plant pots
- Put up mason bee home
- Israel trip – prepare for the trip, take the trip and put things away once I get back home Done 2/28/15
- Bulletin board calendars
- Massage – quarterly/monthly??
- Design/plan garden for shop building entrance
- Advent wreath candles
- Rudolph wreath
- Mom’s pinecone wreath
- Easter wreath
- Dig up tree stumps
- Box to presby
- Lutheran Seniorlife/Lutheran Service Society
- Dad’s credit card report
- Dad’s funeral prep
- Clean up/purge laptop downloads
- Clean up/purge laptop ebooks
- Clean up/purge computer downloads
- Clean up/purge computer recipes
- Clean up/purge computer favorites