It’s time to start another challenge. I’ve been thinking about things, trying to figure out what the goals should be this time around. When I first started this back in January I was thinking that each period would have different goals/categories. However I’m now thinkng that each period will just be a continuation of the same basic categories but some will have new or more specific goals. So here goes –
- Declutter – again remove 100 items. I just heard that they may be starting to pick up items again so that could help free up some space and get some stuff I’ve already collected out of the house.
- Budget – Actually I did do a good job of staying on top of recording our expenditures and I’m going to continue that. This time my goal is to see if I can get $500 or more into our liquid emergency fund.
- Read 15 books with 5 coming from the TBR lists. I’m sticking with the same amount because I’m hoping to be spending more time on my last two goals.
- Exercise for 20 minutes at least 5 times a week and walk at least once a week. I really need to put a lot of focus and effort here. It’s been almost two years since I learned that I have arthritis in both hips. Last October I started seeing a physical therapist because I was having trouble. Not pain but discomfort and I was modifying actions to avoid pain and discomfort. We worked together and made some progress but I’ve let things slide and I’m feeling more discomfort again. I need to get back to doing the exercises she prescribed. I also want to get back to walking on a regular basis.
- Spend at least 2 hours per week on my hobbies and that will be split with 1 hour spent in the garden and the other hour on my other hobbies. I would really like to get my granddaughter’s quilt and some garden stones done this time around.
This challenge period starts May 19th and runs till August 26. Anyone care to join me?? Leave me a comment with your goals and I’ll be glad to check on your progress and cheer you on.
I’ve completed my first 100 day challenge for this year with mixed results. I made progress in each of my five goals although not as much as I would have liked.
Let’s start with the success – my reading goal which was to read at least fifteen books with five coming from my to be read lists. I was able to complete twenty books with ten of them coming from my to be read lists. The shelter in place rule had a lot to do with that. I cannot wait until I can go to the library or the bookstore and search out new books. I thought about getting an Audible subscription or even putting Kindle back on my laptop but didn’t do either. When I did have the Kindle app I ended up with a ton of free books stored on it but never seemed to get around to reading them. I prefer the feel of a real book. I’ve never tried listening to books but I have the feeling that it wouldn’t appeal.
I also had partial success with the decluttering goal of removing 100 items. My final total was 119 items although quite a few are still here since I haven’t been able to take them to be donated or recycled. And I’m wondering if they will be able to be donated? Will places take them not knowing if they came from a house that had the virus?? What will this virus thing due to the resale industries?
I can’t decide if my goal to spend at least an hour a week working on a hobby was a success or not. I did spend an hour or more for eleven of the fourteen weeks which was good. However I had hoped to finish my granddaughter’s quilt and that did not happen. I didn’t specifically say that I would finish the quilt but that was my hope.
I did not meet my budget goal due to several factors. These included an unexpected car repair, the need to fix the water pump, joining the CSA, the shutdown of my husband’s business, the lack of a liquid emergency fund and my inability to get my husband on board with staying within our limits.
The last goal was to exercise at least six days a week. I only managed that seven of the fourteen weeks. I definitely need to do better in the future.
Now I need to decide what to focus on for the next hundred days which will start on May 19th.