So, I am of two minds about linking up to the 31 day thing. On the one hand, it would give me an incentive to publish every day – knowing that people might be stopping by to see what I have to say. But on the other hand, I don’t know if I really want to have the traffic it might bring.
I have always struggled with the “purpose” of this blog. Mostly, I want it to be a record of my journey towards my goals. Which means that I only have to please myself with when or what I choose to write or not write. I don’t have to worry if it is boring to keep writing mostly the same stuff over and over again. On the other hand, it is nice to have people comment and respond to the things I write. But then I feel pressured to write regularly or try to choose a niche and write about certain topics on certain days so that the readers will stay and continue to comment. I’m still wondering about which way to go.
Well, after attempting to learn how to create a button and failing miserably the decision has been made for me. I will not link up. I will just do it for myself and enjoy what other people are writing. That works for me.
UPDATE – as noted in my day 6 post I was gifted with a button by Andi from at http://www.anestfullofsquishers.com/ and I am attempting to link up with http://www.thenester.com/.
1. Library wish list – have a bunch of books written down on little slips of paper and want to put them all on the library’s wish list
2. Books I’ve read list – same thing – I have little slips of paper with the books I’ve read and need to get them all on here so I can see how many I have read and how close I am to my 1500 goal
3. Zen garden – need to put down newspaper, weed fabric and sand; dig a border and fill with pond stones; arrange my big rocks
4. Shrub area – finish mulching
5. Orchard – weed, seed, cut down trees
6. Veggie beds – harvest, pull out and dispose of plants, add compost, cover for winter
7. Compost – empty out bin
8. Bookcase – put together, put books on
9. Quilt fabrics – sort and figure out how/where to store
10. Mat for loft – order mat for exercise area
11. Yard sale leftovers – put in bags/boxes and arrange for pickup
12. Business IRA forms – need to fill out and send in
There are more things I could add but I think if I commit to 15 minutes of work each day, I should be able to get some of these done. I’m going to shoot for getting half done. Even if I don’t make it, I will at least make some progress on things.
Well, it has been a long time since I’ve been here. Why haven’t I been around, you may have wondered. Let me give you the short version today – perhaps later I’ll get into more detail but for now I’ll keep it short. First, we had some personality clashes among family members that had me feeling overwhelmed and depressed. Then there was Lyme Disease and a month that was lost to illness and fatigue. Next up was summer with kids home and me slowly recovering. Last up was the question of whether it was really worth it to blog.
For now I have decided to halfway participate in the 31 days challenge that has gone on the past few years. I am going to write every day in October but I haven’t decided if I am going to link up with the group. The idea is to pick a topic and then post something everyday for a month. I am going to call it 31 days towards completion. I have a variety of things that I have started or need to start and I want to take steps to get them finished once and for all.
I’ll be back tomorrow with my list of things I want to work on.