Hard to believe that I am almost halfway through this challenge. I’ve made progress in some areas and need to do a better job in some areas. Here’s how things look today
- Declutter 100 items – I’ve gotten rid of 76 things so far. I want to update the list but haven’t made the time to do it so far.
- Stay within the budget – not doing so well here with the car, the water heater and signing up for a CSA. We are trying to make better choices with our food but that comes with a larger price tag. Need to figure out some ways to lower other costs to compensate.
- Read 15 books, 5 from the TBR lists – I’ve read 3 from the TBR list and a total of 13 so far
- Exercise for at least 10 minutes six/week – only 3 of the 6 weeks so far. I’ve faithfully ridden the bike every Monday through Friday but the weekends are difficult. Between the bad weather and a lack of motivation to get myself and my granddaughter out of the house, I haven’t been able to check off that last day. Need to make it a priority and just do it.
- Spend one hour/week working on a hobby – I’m doing okay although I haven’t been focused on the quilt like I had planned. I’ve met the goal five of the six weeks so far. I made a wreath, did some work on the quilt, did some garden planning and went through a ton of scrapbooking stuff.
Overall I feel pretty good about things and am hopeful that I will be able to finish strong. Have you made progress on your goals this year? Please share – I’d love to hear from you
I’ve been emailing with my sister which leads me to thinking about my quilting goal. The girl has decided on a pattern but not fabrics. While I’m waiting for that decision, I’m going to go through my stash of possible projects and try to do a few small ones. That way I will get some practice/experience before I start on hers. In fact I should go up right now and see what I want to work on and then report back tomorrow. Look for an announcement tomorrow.
I had a wonderful time at the retreat. The people were very nice. Two scrapbookers took me under their wing and sat with me for meals. The food was good and plentiful. The cabins were nice although the mattress was not very comfortable.
I was able to complete 3 dishcloths, read one book and do some planning. Had a lot to think about and didn’t get to everything I had hoped to, but it was a good break from the usual routine.
I watched at a lot of quilters while they were working – it made me want to get started again. I bought more fabric – as if I don’t have enough already. Oh well, I’ll just have to go back again next year.
Can’t believe that the year is almost over. There was so much more I wanted to do but perhaps next year. I hope to get better or a least more consistent in posting my progress next year.
I have read 60 books on my way to my goal of 1500.
I have taken 4 glass classes and created a variety of items. More to come on this.
I have started to try to find ways to save more money.
I have looked at various companies that sponsor trips to the Galapagos Islands.
I have looked into possible retreats for next year.
I had a discussion with the girl about her quilt. Now we need to come up with a design and fabric.
So, I can look back and say I made a least a tiny start on all of my goals and that makes me very happy.
I’ll try to be back soon with more details.
Been talking with the girl and we have decided to scrap the quilt I had started for her many years ago. We are looking at patterns for the blocks and hope to look for fabric soon. I promised her I would do hers before I did one for the boy. I’d really like to get it started before the end of the year. We’ll see what happens.
I just spent some time looking at my sister’s quilting blog. She has made so many quilted items over the past few years. If she can do that while taking care of the house , 2/3 kids and working almost full-time, then I should be able to get at least one quilt done in the near future.
The kids will be home for the summer soon. I want to be a good role model so I’m going to need to set and keep limits on my computer time. What better way to fill my time than to get back to work on one of the quilts I’ve started? Now if I can just find everything and get some motivation to get started.