There has been a lot of decluttering going on and it’s time to get it recorded.
Items donated so far 18 plus 17=35
- 3 Girl Scout badges
- microscope lens
- plastic tweezers
- storage box for slides
- 2 foam blocks
- package of felting needles
- plastic shopping bag of felt pieces
- gallon size Ziploc bag of yarn scraps
- sandwich size Ziploc bag of thin decorative cord pieces
- 3 hankies
- gift bag
- gift box
Items trashed so far 47 plus 2=49 2 pairs boys pants – stained and holey
Items recycled so far 17
That brings the grand total to 105! so goal met but the efforts will continue. Have you been doing any decluttering now that most of us are sheltering in place?
It has been awhile since I posted what I’ve been decluttering so here goes
Items trashed – total of 35
- 3 boy’s tees – stained, holey
- 3 baby items also stained and/or holey
- 10 quilt pattern/instructions torn from magazines – I’ll probably never have the skill or time to do them, so out they go
- guest book from my mom’s funeral- neither my sister or I feel the need to keep it
- bag of confectioner’s sugar that expired in 2016
- bag of farro risotto that expired 2018
- guest book from my grandfather’s funeral – see above
- broken mini umbrella
- binder that was coming apart
- 11 candle stubs
- candle holder made by my son -had been keeping because he made it but it didn’t actually work as a candle holder so out it went
- moth eaten felt crown made by daughter
Items recycled – 17
- 1 travel magazine with pictures torn out
- year’s worth of payroll reports that I do not need to keep anymore
- 10 dead batteries
- 5 cards from my hubby
Items donated – 16
- 4 photo frames
- 1 quilt pattern I bought but now know I will never make – way too many little pieces
- 2 guest books
- 1 wooden puzzle
- 2 queen size flat sheets
- 1 photo album
- 1 oven mitt with a Christmas design- just uncomfortable to use
- 2 books to my church library
- 1 skating medal my daughter doesn’t want
- 1 silver tree decoration
Other – 4 My daughter took a school bus photo album to use as her daughter grows. She also took three calendars that we had used as a daily journal when she was younger.
That makes 72 plus the original 14 gives me a total of 86. Feeling pretty sure that I will reach my goal of 100 by the end of this challenge. Are you decluttering? How is it going for you? Leave a comment and let me know
Total from January through March 215 items gone
So, even though I haven’t been updating I have been faithfully decluttering. I’m just going to give the totals for each category rather than list each item individually.
46 items tossed in the trash
43 books to be read removed from my list
29 items given away
4 items recycled
129+ items sold I forgot to count how many vcr tapes I took to Half Price Books I know there were at least 30 probably more
That brings the grand total up to 466 items!! I met my goal for the year but I’m going to continue and shoot for 100+ for the last hundred days of the year. Which will get me over 500 by the end of the year.
Goal – to remove at least 300 things/activities/people so I can focus on things that move me forward and/or bring me joy.
January’s total -65. Great start to the year. I hope I can keep it up – time will tell.
Things that I trashed – total of 37
1 piece of foam – no idea why I was keeping it or where it came from 1 pair of slipper socks – too many holes to darn 1 partial block of henna – so old it started to crumble apart when I picked it up 1bag of dried up rubber bands 1 bag of hard as a rock mini marshmallows 1 broken hanger 5 manuals for items I no longer own 1 fabric scraps to small to realistically be used for anything 1 broken pencil sharpener 2 refillable pencils – no longer usable due to the boy chewing on them 3 cans condensed milk – expired 1 box of oatmeal packets -mice got in them and they were expired 2 oatmeal canisters – expired 2 lemonade mixes – hardened into solid mass probably expired 1 bottle of salad dressing – expired 11 socks – they had been used to clean the griddle and were no longer in any shape to be used 1 infant shirt with bleach spots 1 pair holey underwear
Things that I recycled – 6
large bag of plastic bags 5 cardboard boxes I had been saving in case I needed them for something
Things I gave away – 22
2 pairs of boys pants 2 binders 1 woman’s sweater 1 woman’s blouse 15 assorted tea bags 1 canister of tea
Is anyone else decluttering this year? Let me know how you are doing and if you have any tips or tricks to share.