Just another sloppy, unedited installment of the random thoughts rolling around in my head today…
This will be a short one because I don’t have much time but I want to post something because one of my 2017 goals is to be more consistent in posting at least weekly.
It was a busy week with celebrations for New Year’s and my birthday, the boy starting back to school, the girl starting to work in the family business and me organizing a event for a church group.
Since it was my birthday, I got several coupons and decided to do one of my least favorite activities – shopping. I wanted to shop for a pair of pants because my favorite pair have become too big and my other ones are still a bit too tight. I also wanted to get new bras. The ones I got last year ended up being too uncomfortable to wear all day. I thought I’d be able to deal with the underwires but I couldn’t.
First off was the Lands End shop in Sears – didn’t find any pants I liked but did end up with a flowered cardigan. I do wish I could find long sleeves that actually fit and didn’t need to be turned up.
Then it was off to Kohl’s for their intimates sale. I lucked out – I was standing in the middle of the lingerie section looking lost when Leeann came by and asked if I needed help. She turned out to be a bra fitter and made the experience so easy. She took my measurements, asked me what I preferred and brought me several styles to try on. If it had been for the power failure I would have been in and out in less than half an hour. A far cry from the last time when I couldn’t find any wireless bras in my size and ended up trying on dozens of bras.
Now the only question is what to do with the old bras. My really old bras I tossed but I hate to toss the underwires I got last year. I hardly wore them – I would usually opt to wear the old ones and left them in the drawer. I just don’t know about donating them. On the one hand, there are women who would probably appreciate not needing to spend $40 or more on a bra. But on the other hand there just seems to be something a bit weird Not sure what I’m going to do.
Okay enough for now, need to get moving on some work. I’ll be back next week to update my goals for this year. Until then, enjoy your day wherever you are.
Just another unedited/sloppy installment of the thoughts running around in my head today…
I’m so frustrated – I spent what seemed like hours trying on almost every bra in my size before deciding on two to purchase. There was very little in the wireless section, so I ended up with wires that seemed bearable. However, once I wore them for an entire day, I discovered that one bra was really uncomfortable. I need to go back out again but I’m putting it off for awhile – I need to recover from this trip before I head out again. I’ll just make do with what I have.
Since I did get my glasses and at least one acceptable bra, I’ve been thinking about my next two projects to work on. One is definitely getting my tax information together and setting up a routine so I’m not scrambling to find everything again next year. Not sure about the other one – need to think some more.
The house looks and feels so much better since we got things cleaned up for the party. Now the job is to keep it this way – don’t let things start to pile up again and make sure that the guys keep putting their stuff away.
It is a beautifully sunny day but we’ve been having a cold snap and I haven’t been able to work in the garden. There are a lot of weeds to pull, several trees/bushes to prune and I need to think about spring planting.
I do love this time of year – Easter is such a time of new promise and hope. I love the traditions and look forward to the church services of Holy week. Each service has something different to offer to the complete story. I’m also looking forward to the weekend and spending time with my extended family. Never seems like we do that enough anymore. People are always so busy and it is so hard to make plans. Maybe its harder because I’m the one doing the work now – adulthood is a lot harder than I expected. Not sure why anyone is in such a hurry to grow up and take on all these responsibilities.
Hope you are enjoying some signs of spring today. Enjoy your day until next time.
Just another sloppy/unedited edition of the random thoughts rolling around in my head today…
Another sunshine filled day although it is supposed to get cold again. I’m headed out later to enjoy the sun and warmth before that happens.
It is very hard to type when the cat is trying to help. Marco likes attention and he makes sure you give it to him. He is getting a bit better at getting off the counter when I tell him to which is an improvement – before I would have to chase him and put him down but now he is jumping down when he hears me yell.
Just noticed that Matthew left his flash drive plugged into the computer – that will make it hard for him to work on his project in school today. We need to get better at making sure that he puts it in his backpack when he finishes working.
March 1st – a new month – time to check my progress and set some new goals.
- I did very well with my step goal of 8500steps/day – only missed it once and got my average for the year up to 9000/day. My goal for this month is 9500 steps/day.
- I didn’t do as well with my sleeping at least 7 hours a night goal. I only made that 19 out of 29 days. I need to do a better job of getting to bed before ten pm from Sunday through Thursday. I can sleep a little later on weekends but during the work week I have to be up at 5:40am. Need to work on wrapping up my evening activities earlier which means I need to stop reading in the tub. I always say I’ll just read one chapter but that usually turns into two or three.
- I started off doing well with the cleaning but have slacked off lately. It should get back on track as I prepare for the Progressive Dinner for members of our church. We are the first stop and I’m trying to get things ready for company. One other benefit of the dinner is that it lit a fire under hubby who cleared out massive amounts of stuff that had been stored in our upstairs. Since we are still in the process of renovating the house, the upstairs has been the storage space for all the stuff we’re not sure what we want to do with as well as the hubby’s personal “I might need/want this some day” space.
- I did not get new bras – there were two lingerie stores that I had hoped to visit but they both went out of business. I’m not really the Victoria’s Secret type of shopper. I’m not looking for “pretty” or “sexy” and I don’t like underwire at all. I just want something that will hold the girls up and not cost a fortune. However, it has been a long time and I really think I should get a proper fitting so I get the right size. Anyone have any recommendations for me?? Please leave a comment if you do. Thanks
- I did order new glasses. The exam was quick and easy and I went with a pair for reading and a pair for driving. Of course two days after I ordered them, I found the long lost pair of glasses at my husband’s shop. I was sure I had lost them at a church event and never even considered looking for them at the shop. Apparently my hubby thought a customer had left them and had them in a drawer. He was cleaning things out and put them on the bookshelf where I found them and thought they looked familiar. Oh well, now I’ll have a spare just in case anything happens to the new ones.
New goals for March will be
- 9500 steps/day
- Be in bed by 10 pm Sunday through Thursday and no later than 11 pm Friday and Saturday
- Get house cleaned up for Progressive Dinner
- Get new bras
- Continue reading books from my shelf – trying to get through the 200+ that I have accumulated
What are your goals for March? Have you been working on a word for the year? Let me know in the comments. Until next time, have a wonderful day.